Fundraiser: public sector, trusts / foundations & Livery Companies
Initial fixed term contract: 2-3 days a week for 6 months, with the possibility to extend £40,000 pa pro rata
National Youth Ballet (NYB) was founded in 1987 with the aim to widen participation in all aspects of ballet performance. We do this by enabling young dancers and choreographers to collaborate with their peers, alongside musicians, composers, designers, costumiers and stage managers, with the guidance and support of established professionals.
Hundreds of young dancers, aged 8 to 18, audition each year for coveted places in the Company. NYB also works with children from all walks of life through the Fit to Dance programme in schools and the community. We have a distinguished list of alumni and Patrons.
NYB commissions bold new work, created by respected professional choreographers, collaborating with musicians, designers, eminent composers, costumiers and technicians to create a complete company experience. We recently launched Beyond Ballet, an emerging choreographers’ platform which nurtures young talent, supporting up-and-coming choreographers to devise and showcase their work.
This year, we not only celebrate our 30th anniversary, but are also at a pivotal stage in our organisational development. As part of our emerging and ambitious new five-year strategy, we are looking for an experienced fundraiser – NYB’s first – to work alongside our Artistic Director, trustees and executive team.
We will need you to:
- draft a compelling case for support
- work with the executive director (new appointment, provisional title) to agree a fundraising work plan, targets, KPI’s and, if required, a budget for the period of the contract
- research and prioritise fundraising opportunities and write persuasive funding applications for submission to statutory bodies (potentially including Arts Council England, Kent County Council and other local authorities as appropriate) and charitable grant-makers (ie: trusts, foundations and Livery Companies)
- in collaboration with the executive director, artistic director and trustees, devise and deliver stewardship plans for institutional prospects
- in collaboration with the executive director, artistic director and trustees, devise and deliver donor care packages for institutional donors
- manage and record all relevant information about prospects, donors and fundraising activity
- be available asap
Skills, achievements and attitudes you should evidence
- track record of success in public and charitable sector fundraising, preferably in the arts and / or youth sectors
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- research ability
- a talent for establishing and building long-term and productive relationships with donors
- excellent organisational and IT skills
- thorough knowledge of fundraising best practice
- love of the (performing) arts
- and commitment to supporting and inspiring young people
Please send an up to date CV, together with a cover letter (no more than two pages each and as pdf’s), outlining your interest in National Youth Ballet and describing how you fit the brief, to
Our office is near Edenbridge in Kent but there could be the opportunity to work remotely some of the time.