Dancers’ Development Experience – Chaperones Page
We are excited to welcome you to our 2021 Dancers’ Development Experience.
Thank you so much for agreeing to volunteer and support National Youth Ballet’s programmes in this way. We couldn’t run the programme without our volunteers, and we are very grateful for your contribution.
This year our programme is different to previous years because of Covid 19, however we will place a strong emphasis on the personal development of each of the young dancers we work with and your support to enable this to happen will be vital.
Below you will find all the information you should need at this stage, but please be in touch, should you need anything further by emailing: email@example.com.
Chaperone duties include the following:
- Sign-in students, accept any student specific medicines (and ensure the correct documentation is completed / supplied), take a questionnaire of Covid-19 symptoms, perform temperature checks for each student and appropriately log all of the above.
- Accompany students from the sign in desk to the studios.
- Remain near the studios during activities, in order to escort students to the toilet if needed.
- Supervise social distancing during lunch and rehearsal breaks.
- Sign students out at the end of the day and check that students are being collected by the appropriate guardian.
- Be vigilant about safeguarding concerns and red flags – report any safeguarding concerns directly to Nichola Packham who is our Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Know where the first aid kit is located and ask the designated first aider to give ice packs etc if needed.
- Log and secure any basic drugs such as paracetamol, ibuprofen and sting/bite creams.
- The First Aider will administer specific medication to individual students if needed.
PLEASE NOTE: No medication should be given within 4 hours of the child’s arrival, or if it is needed within the first 4 hours the parent must be contacted (to avoid overdose). Nichola Packham must be consulted prior to any administration of medication, plasters and treatment in order to ensure the child’s medical records can be checked.
We will give you clear guidance as to what is expected of you each day. Our busiest times will be during sign-in and sign-out and during the lunchtime and rehearsal breaks. At all other times you should be able to work, or read quietly – there is wifi in the LAMDA building should you need to be connected. Please note it will not be possible for you to watch your child in the studio.
Arrival time for Chaperones and Dance Volunteers: 8.30am Monday 16th and Monday 23rd, 8.45 thereafter.
With all best wishes,
Jo and the NYB Team
What to Expect
We ask chaperones and volunteers to arrive at 8.30am on the Monday of each week and 8.45am on all other days in order to allow time for orientation, a team briefing, temperature checks and covid checks at the entrance.
Amelia O’Hara will be available to help you should you need any assistance. Please email her in advance with requests: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Bring
- Your own hand sanitiser
- Two face masks
What not to bring:Nut Free Zone
The Dancers’ Development Experience is a NUT FREE ZONE. Please do not bring food containing nuts to LAMDA studios. This includes pine nuts, peanut butter, cashew nut butter, almond butter and hazelnut spread (Nutella). Please also be aware that some food items might also contain nuts like cereal bars.
PLEASE READ: Anaphylaxis and EpiPen Guidance
Mobile phones are permitted but should not be used during sessions.
Covid Safety Certificates – All teaching staff will be required to undertake a level 2 online training in Covid security and safety with a nationally recognised organisation. 2 designated staff members will have a qualification to support their covid safety training. https://www.procoronavirus.co.uk/training
Testing – All staff will be required to take a lateral flow test every morning before entering the building.
Documentation – Staff will be required to fill in a daily google form before they arrive at the rehearsal venue which will document their test results and any changing symptoms.
Social Distance – The use of social distancing will be in line with current government guidelines, where possible we will still encourage students to give each other space and enough studios will be allocated to allow for small class sizes if needed. If appropriate social distancing will be applied whilst students are on breaks.
Please make sure that you have read the safeguarding policy
Please note that Nichola Packham is our designated safeguarding lead (DSL) and will be contactable throughout the course by telephone on this number: 07738 612976 – if you have any concerns about a young person please contact Nichola Packham directly and do not discuss your concerns with other staff members.
PLEASE NOTE: The DSL is the first point of contact for the staff and volunteers if there is a concern or advice is needed on a safeguarding (SG) issue.
When sharing a safeguarding concern with the DSL please ensure:
- Information is accurate
- The concern is reported as soon as possible
- Information is up to date
- Any notes or information relating to safeguarding concerns are stored securely.
When you record the information:
Write down your concerns or those of the person who raised them using the reporting a concern form. Be clear, concise and factual
- Make sure concerns aren’t based on anyone’s opinions.
- Use simple language with no jargon.
- Use child’s details. Name, age, gender etc.
- Information about the disclosure, when it occurred, what you (or the adult with the concerns) were doing at the time and details of who raised the concerns.
- Document who said what in their exact words.
- Document the date, time and place of the incident or disclosure.
- All information must be stored in a safe and secure place.
Please see these important details from the policy:
Code of Conduct for Staff
Emergency Contact Details
If you need to contact National Youth Ballet in an emergency during the course the number to call is 07376 721142.
A member of our team will have this phone with them at all times. Please do not call prior to the Senior Dancers’ Course, as this phone will only be active from 7am Monday 16th August 2021.
Any queries prior to this date should be sent to email@example.com.