We are pleased to announce our 2023 Residential Performance Company Season, ‘Evolving Visions’.
95 young dancers have been selected, from across the UK, to come together to form a company and work with a brilliant creative team for six days at Elmhurst Ballet School this August. They will delve into ideas around innovation, progress and invention, and will collaborate, create and develop their skills with a focus on process and research. Throughout the six days the residential performance company will :
- Take part in daily company class with an inspiring range of teachers and choreographers
- Learn some of NYB’s dynamic repertoire, performed in previous seasons and revived for the 2023/24 season
- Develop work with five established choreographers, gaining an insight into a range of creative processes
- Work with three up-and-coming choreographers taking part in NYB’s Beyond Ballet® scheme, offering the exciting chance to be part of a young choreographer’s vision at the very beginning of their career
- Have the opportunity to take part in NYB’s Frank Freeman choreographic competition, which will be judged by special guests from the ballet industry
- Take part in NYB’s Moving Minds sessions – to support, develop and nurture each young person’s confidence and personal development.
The week will culminate in a sharing in Elmhurst Studio Theatre for family, friends and industry professionals.
Photo (c) Jack Thomson